Hope Unlimited Productions is a unique and creative company that strives towards excellence, truth and accuracy in the media. Founder Lisa Darden’s prayer is that these productions will powerfully impact lives with the healing and transforming love of a heavenly creator and turn this world upside down with Hope Unlimited.
Biography - Lisa Darden, Founder and President: Lisa Darden's love of communications began in Las Vegas when she completed her first college course in Television Production. Moving to Los Angeles, she had her first experience in film production at the prestigious American Film Institute (AFI) where she worked as an Assistant to the Director in the Directing Workshop for Women (DWW).
AFI’s Directing Workshop for Women has been a major force in training women in narrative filmmaking since 1974. Just over 200 women have been given the opportunity to participate in this innovative and unique training program for tomorrow's directors. DWW alumnae include Anne Bancroft, Lee Grant, Ellen Burstyn, Dyan Cannon, Mary Kay Place and Joanne Woodward.
After L.A. came San Francisco, her home for the next 12 years. She attended the College of Marin in San Anselmo, California and continued the gain experience in visual media by working as a professional camerawoman, assistant director, floor director, technical director, and also as a director on several projects. From behind-the-scenes directing of commercials, corporate and music videos to on-camera work and an actress and voice-over artist, Lisa has immersed herself in the communications industry.
Some of Lisa's most memorable experiences include:
Working with renowned documentary filmmaker David L. Brown, who produced and directed Free Zone, Bound by the Wind, Of Wind and Waves, The Life of Woody Brown. (Mr. Brown is consulting on “For Such A Time As This”. )
- Coordinating a public service announcement for the Peace Center of Marin, starring rock icon Grace Slick and (then) California Representative Paul Chignell.
- Working with Slick’s daughter, China Kantner, on a televised production of Hair.
- Directing the Channel 3 Loudoun T.V. News
- Filming in venues like Uncle Charlie’s, New Georges, and Yoshi’s in Jack London Square, The Great American Music Hall and The Cow Palace in San Francisco
- Producing Washington, D.C. area shows including Dollars and Sense, Mind and Body, Pet Minute and Give a Hand to the Plan
- Assisting Dr. Martin Blinder, Forensic Psychiatrist, author, and screenwriter who helped obtain an acquittal for Dan White in the famed “Twinkie Defense” trial.
It was while living and working in San Francisco that Lisa became a Christian and was inspired to start a production company called Hope Unlimited Productions. The documentary film For Such A Time As This is an outreach to a community she feels is being left behind by Christians. It was a beautiful and enlightening trip over the Golden Gate Bridge that catalyzed “the vision” that is now becoming reality.